Get Involved - Volunteer
Volunteers enhance the programs at Catholic Charities Community Services/Summit County with a unique personal touch! From teaching a seven year old a new craft at Camp Christopher to sharing a laugh with an older adult in Summit Adult Day Services; from serving a Hot Meal to those in need to assisting a child with
developmental disabilities, Catholic Charities volunteers impact lives every day!
For over 75 years, volunteering with Catholic Charities Community Services (formerly named CYO and Community Services) has been a tradition as varied as the people we serve. We rely on hundreds of volunteers to provide services and help us expand and grow to meet the needs of all participants whether young, elderly, disabled or poor. Volunteers are the backbone of our programs and have been an integral part of our agency since it’s inception in 1936.
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available for individuals, groups, and teens (ages 16 and over). A limited number of volunteer opportunities for youth ages 13-16 are available if accompanied by an adult. We invite you to join this legacy and help make things happen!
While reasons for volunteering may be personal, the benefits of volunteering are shared by all and include:
- The opportunity to meet new friends and create lasting friendships
- The satisfaction of helping someone in need
- The joy of seeing a child succeed
- The reward of building a better community
- Formal recognition for those achieving 100 service hours (and successive increments thereafter)
- Recognition during National Volunteer Week and an annual volunteer event
- The opportunity to gain experience in a career field
- For teens, the chance to fulfill school service hour requirements
- For teens, the chance to be a part of Teens for Service