Families and individuals with minimal financial resources are often those with highly complex situations and do not know how to address their problems. While some clients may be dealing with an unusual, short-term situation, such as job loss, many other clients have a long-term family history of poverty that goes back for generations. These are the clients who face the most challenging tasks as they try, perhaps for the first time ever, to become self- sufficient. Our Basic Needs Services are designed to provide short-term assistance to clients in need, regardless of their age, race or religion.
- EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE - Provides short-term material and financial assistance to assist with housing, utilities and food, as well as the means to secure resources to promote self-sufficiency. Limited funds are available and clients must meet certain requirements for distribution.
- COMMUNITY HOT MEALS - Congregate hot meals are served two times per week at no charge. Individuals and families in need are invited to attend. All are welcome.
- Tuesdays (4:30 PM - 6:00 PM) Dowed Hall at Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Parish (fka as Annunciation Parish) 87 Broad St., East Akron.
- Wednesdays (11:30 AM -1:00 PM) Frey Hall at Most Blessed Trinity Parish (fka as St. Martha’s Parish) 300 E. Tallmadge Ave., Akron
- FOOD PANTRY – Assists families with basic food needs. Due to the high volume request of this program, families and/or individuals may only apply one time per month. Food Pantry is open 3 pm – 6 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 1 pm – 6 pm on Wednesdays. You must call to make an appointment. Sorry, no drop-ins are accepted.